I am a library patron. What will DocView do for me?
DocView helps library patrons in lots of ways. With DocView running on your computer
- Compose a document order and send it directly to an Ariel system at your library. The
Ariel system prints the order within seconds.
- Receive documents over the Internet from your library's Ariel system.
- Forward any document you receive after viewing it with DocView. This is handy,
especially if you want a colleague to see the document. You may add comments to the cover
page accompanying the document and send it to your colleague using either Ariel
communications protocols or by using MIME email software running on your computer.
- View, zoom, shrink, scroll, pan, rotate and print received documents.
- View black and white bitmapped TIFF images. This allows you to view and print documents
received by a Web browser or MIME email client software.
- Use electronic bookmarks to "mark" pages of interest to allow easy traversal
through large documents, and for printing selected pages.
- Copy parts of a document to be pasted into documents created by other Windows
- Use document management to organize collections of bitmapped documents received through